While she was visiting, my sister Priscilla mentioned this soup that she got the recipe for from her friend. She raved about how good it was, so, of course, I had to try making it last night. It was simplicity itself to make and it turned out delicious. Here is the recipe:
Instant Pot Creamy Taco Soup
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans, 14 oz, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 onion chopped
1 can original RO-TEL, 8 oz
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 package cream cheese (8 oz.) cut into chunks.
shredded cheese to top (any kind will do)
1. Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese and the shredded cheese to your 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot.
2. Add lid and lock. Make sure it is set to sealing.
3. Set the pressure to high pressure for 25 minutes (if chicken is frozen). Set it for 20 minutes if chicken is not frozen.
4. Do a quick release and remove the lid.
5. Shred the chicken with two forks.
6. Mix chicken back in and mix in the cream cheese.
7. Add the lid and let set for about 10 minutes until cream cheese is melted.
8. Serve with your favorite toppings – We like shredded cheese, crushed up tortilla chips, green onions, tomatoes, and sour cream