I am revising this recipe, which I posted earlier. Just made this today and instead of using plain butter, I used browned butter and instead of granulated sugar I used brown sugar. It makes for a vast improvement in flavor. Here is the revised recipe….
1/2 cup butter, softened (replace with browned butter, see below)
1 cup granulated sugar (replace with brown sugar, see below)
2 eggs, beaten
3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Heat butter carefully over medium heat in a sauce pan until it turns brown. Careful it can easily burn. Let cool and add brown sugar and blend.
3. Add eggs and crushed bananas.
4. Combine well.
5. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add nuts. Add vanilla if using.
6. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
7. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350º for 55 minutes.
9. Keeps well, refrigerated.