Bought too many bananas and they got too old to eat, so made this banana bread. Turned out real good, I’d say.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and crushed bananas.
4. Combine well.
5. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add nuts. Add vanilla if using.
6. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
7. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350º for 55 minutes.
9. Keeps well, refrigerated.