As we were making these, we remarked that we had not had them since we lived in Massachusetts over 30 years ago. It was a nice bit of nostalgia.
It took both of us to make these. I filled a large ziploc bag with the cheese mixture and cut the corner off. Laura held the tubes allowing me to use both hands to squeeze the mixture into the tube. It was fun.
This recipe makes enough for 2 people.
1 pint ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon oregano
1 jar spaghetti sauce
6 tubes manicotti
1. Cook manicotti in boiling water until done. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into an 11×17 inch baking dish. Fill each manicotti shell with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture, and arrange over sauce. Pour enough sauce over to cover, decorate with any remaining filling, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
One thought on “Manicotti”
This looks incredible!