Made this last night and I forgot how good it is, and easy. We had about 10 large shrimp in the freezer, which were more than enough for the two of us.
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large green pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 ounces green chiles, canned, chopped
14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, canned, chopped
2 cups taco sauce
12 olives, pimento stuffed
1 1/2 teaspoons capers
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
fresh lime wedges
hot cooked rice
1. Cut green pepper into 1 1/2 X 1/2-inch strips.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
3. Add green pepper and onion.
4. Cook until onion is translucent.
5. Add green chilies, taco sauce, tomatoes, olives, capers, cumin, bay leaf, salt and sugar.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
9. Add shrimp.
10. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
11. Serve sauce immediately over cooked hot rice. Top with shrimp.
12. Sprinkle with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.