For the Superbowl. If you can’t find fresh cheese curds in you local cheese shop, you can substitute with a stick of Manchego or Gruyere. Who knew there was such a thing as horseradish-infused vodka? Turns out you can make your own by peeling and slicing fresh horseradish and dropping it into a bottle of vodka. Leave in in the bottle for 3-4 days until it reaches the desired level of flavor then remove. Store in the freezer.
Cheese Curd Bloody Mary
- 1 jigger Referent (horseradish-infused vodka) (or make your own)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice or Clamato
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Dash Tabasco
- 1 Dash celery salt, plus pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: Any combination of pickles, fresh veggies and really fresh Wisconsin cheese curds
Fill a tall glass with ice. Then add ingredients except garnish. Stir, add garnish.