Serve this during the half-time show for the Superbowl. Prepare everything ahead of time and pop it into the oven at the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half.
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- bit fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor blend drained artichokes and garlic until smooth.
3. Add mayonnaise, parsley and Parmesan cheese and pulse to blend.
4. Add lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Pulsing and tasting. Be careful not to add too much salt, the Parmesan cheese can be salty. This can all be done ahead of time.
5. Bake until hot and bubbly approximately 30 minutes.
6. Serve on toasted French bread or toasted Pita triangles