I’m sure most of you are asking, what the hell is she writing about now?
Garbage is very serious in Portland, here’s a short explanation from the “handbook” that came with our rental cottage….
- Bins are located in the garage of the cottage around the corner on Elm Street.
- We have to use the keypad located on the right side of door, not left side, right side. Special and secret access number.
- These bins are shared by three houses.
- Glass goes in the square container.
- Recycling in the blue wheeled bin marked recycling.
- Garbage in the blue container marked garbage.
- Garbage overflow goes in black round rubber garbage can.
- Compost goes in the green wheeled bin.
- All containers go to curb on Sunday evening and moved back on Monday afternoons!
- There’s a three page description of rules and options.
- There’s also a three step guide for Food Scrape Disposal.
Seriously? Whoa, I’m exhausted just writing about this. Too tired to take out garbage.