We used to buy the roasted chickens from Costco. They were delicious and very reasonably priced. Then they installed new rotisserie equipment and they must have changed their process, because they just are not the same. They come out raw and red near the bone. We would return them to the oven before serving but even that did not result in properly cooked chicken. So we stopped buying them there. We now get these huge roasted chickens from Smart and Final. They are very good, well done, and we can get at least four meals off of them.
This is a good recipe because it is a whole meal in itself, healthy and low-calorie, and very tasty.
|Author: Jim Kirkley
I made this instead of a beef salad because I had left-over roasted chicken and no beef. It really turned out well. It could be made with beef as well.
Try marinating bean sprouts in the rice wine vinegar as an appetizer.
Warm Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
3/4 pound, cooked chicken
1 tablespoon, oyster sauce
1 tablespoon, soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon, sugar
8 ounces, uncooked fine rice vermicelli
1/2 cup, coconut milk
1 teaspoon, avocado oil – or other neutral flavored oil
1 cup, thinly sliced yellow onion – separated into rings
4 cups, bean sprouts
2 cups, English cucumber – peeled and julienned
1 cup, green cabbage – thinly sliced
1 cup, carrots – peeled and julienned
1/2 cup cilantro – coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon, unsalted peanuts – finely chopped
2 tablespoons, rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon, fish sauce
1 teaspoon, garlic salt
1 green onion – chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Break chicken up into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir well; set aside.
- Whisk together ingredients for Vinegar Sauce; set aside.
- Combine bean sprouts, cucumber, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a simmer in a large Dutch oven. Add rice vermicelli; simmer 2 minutes or just until tender. Drain and return rice vermicelli to pan. Add coconut milk; toss well. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce mixture; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Set aside; keep warm.
- Spoon bean sprout mixture into each of 4 large shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture and 1 cup rice vermicelli mixture. Drizzle with vinegar sauce . Squeeze lime juice over.
- Top with chopped peanuts.