We love this dish and make it often. It is super tasty and satisfies a craving for something a bit spicy. Also low-guilt at only 318 calories per serving. We use these anchovy-stuffed olives from Spain. Careful these are really addictive.
|Author: Laura S. Kirkley
This comes together quickly and uses ingredients we almost always have on hand. Very tasty and low-calorie.
1 pound, shrimp – peeled and deveined
1 large, green pepper
3 tablespoons, olive oil
1 medium, onion – chopped
4 ounces, green chiles – canned, chopped
14 1/2 ounces, tomatoes – canned, chopped
2 cups, taco sauce (we like Pace Picante)
12 olives – anchovy stuffed
1 1/2 teaspoons, capers
1/4 teaspoon, cumin
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon, salt
1/2 teaspoon, sugar
fresh lime wedges
hot cooked rice
chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cut green pepper into 1 1/2 X 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add green chilies, taco sauce, tomatoes, olives, capers, cumin, bay leaf, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve sauce immediately over cooked hot rice. Top with shrimp.
- Sprinkle with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and top with chopped cilantro.